Friday 25 November 2011

When i finish college...

I have been studying at Canterbury College for three years studying graphic design. In the last 3 years I have learnt a lot of skills and techniques that will allow me to progress to get a job and learn the industry skills on the way. Now coming to the end of College I am going to leave with knowledge to be able to do practical work, which involves ceramics, sculpture, letterpress, dry point,  Lino and Mac work. I have good experience and have developed throughout my duration at college.

I have decided not to further my education onto University this year as I don’t feel ready to because I need to know what part of graphics I want to go into as I love a lot of aspects of it. In the next year to come after I finish college I am going to take a gap year. This year will help me find out my strengths and weaknesses more so I know if work or university will suit me better.

In my gap year I also plan to move out to Hastings as I want to get out of this area and meet new people and start being independent and responsible for my self. I hope moving away will bring new opportunities and broaden my horizon in what I want to do. I will hopefully get a full time job in the mean time while I am applying for internships and jobs that I want to succeed in and further my graphic work. I will still be looking out for side projects in my spare time so I can get my name out there and build up my portfolio even more throughout the year.  
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment